Students enrolled at New York School of Esthetics & Day Spa, Inc. must maintain an 80% attendance rate. Students falling below 80% will be considered in unsatisfactory progress. Students must complete the course within the maximum time frame of 1.20x the course length.
Class Hours of Operation
9:00am – 10:00pm, Monday through Wednesday
9:00am to 3:30pm, Thursdays & Friday
A period of one 1/2 hour, is allowed for student’s lunch
Day classes begin at 9:00am, with a 1/2 hour break for lunch. The afternoon session begins at 12:30pm and ends at 3:30pm. Evening sessions begin at 6:00pm and end at 10:00pm, with a 15 minute break. Any lateness of 15 minutes or more will be recorded as such in the attendance book, rounded to the nearest quarter of an hour, and will be deducted from the number of alloted hours of absence. When the student arrives late, they are responsible for making up the information they missed ON THEIR OWN TIME.
In the event a student is absent, the school MUST BE NOTIFIED first thing in the morning. ESTHETIC STUDENTS are allowed up to 5 days or 30 hours absent for the entire time they are enrolled in the curriculum.
After the student has used up the allowed absent hours, he/she will be placed on probation. If the student is unable to make up hours prior to the scheduled graduation date, the student may be charged $11.29/hour. No charges will incure before the scheduled graduation date. Continued absence, unless accompanied by a physcian’s excuse or documentation of death of an immediate family member, may result in the student being terminated.
There is an hourly rate of $11.29 that may be charged for make up work completed only after the scheduled graduation.
A student making satisfactory progress at the point of withdrawal may apply for re-enrollment in the school and will be considered to be making satisfactory progress at the point of re-entry. This status will be held for 30 days, when a re-evaluation of satisfactory progress will be held.
Any student expelled from school shall be entitled to a refund (some restrictions may apply). The failure of the student to notify the director in writing of withdrawal may delay refund of tuition due pursuant to Section 5002 of the Education Law.
Termination From School
The school reserves the right to dismiss a student for any of the following reasons:
- Verbal and physical abuse of faculty, staff, other students or any person on school premises.
- Attendance does not meet school requirment.
- Academic progress does not meet school standards.
- Financial obligations are not maintained.
- Verbal or physical actions contrary to the mission of the school including insubordination towards the staff, intimidation of students, staff or others who may be in or near the school, the use of intoxicating liquor or illegal drugs, malicious destruction of school property.
- Stealing, cheating or any other act of this nature.
- Any student who involved a 3rd party in an act of intimidation or retribution will be immediately terminated.
Dismissed students who request re-admittance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Previous attendance, academic perfornace, financial history, and general attitude will be considered.
Students may request an appeal for re-admittance.