The New York School of Esthetics Advanced Make-up Artistry course is the first and only separate make-up course approved by NY State Department of Education in the Westchester area. Each Advanced Course is three weeks long & offered in the Day & Evening.
The course is taught by Jill K Imbrogno, President of JKFlashy Make-up Service, Inc., the first and highly regarded upon Make-up Service Company in Westchester County. Westchester Magazine, 914 INC., The Knot, Westchester Weddings, ENJOY, are some of the various publications JKFlashy’s work can be found in. Awards include 2012 Best of Westchester / The Knot Best of Weddings / Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice Awards / numerous write ups in “Mrs. Why Not” amongst other popular blogs. Jill K. was recently, featured on Channel 12 News for bringing together a significant number of high end vendors for a large scale photo shoot.
Students are encouraged to observe & receive “hands on” experience by “shadowing” outside of the classroom with Jill K’s company, JKFlashy Make-up Services, Inc.
What Students will be able to do when completing the Advanced Makeup Artistry course:
• You have covered Basic in your Esthectics Course *this is ADVANCED MAKE-UP*
• You will be completely fluent in Make-up Artistry
• Your Make-up Kit (included) in your Tuition has THE BEST assorted make-up, including MAC, Bobbi Brown & JKFlashy *Also, includes an AIRBRUSH SYSTEM*
• Proficient & comfortable working on any skin tone
• Understand the difference in foundation options & have it all in your kit
• Understand Airbrush, It’s Benefits, Competence in Application
• Understand how to communicate the difference in options to clients & whats best for your client
• Competence in Eye Lash Strip / Individual Waterproof Eye lashes (NOT PERMANENT)
• Have direction as to Career Opportunities / Path & Goals
• Be able to work in the Cosmetic Industry in any Make-up Artist Position
You will have the opportunity to do Weekly Practical Work / Internship for a Highly Regarded Make-up Service Company in Westchester County / New York City.
*Internship is done Friday / Saturday / Sunday
*Duration of Time: As much time as you want to invest
Internship Opportunities May Include but Is not Limited to:
• Engagement Sessions *On Site Locations & Make-up Applications (Done at School for Shoots)*
• Weddings *American *African American *Greek *Non English Speaking *Same Sex *Nigerian *Spanish Speaking *Albanian *Jewish *Catholic
• Fantasy Engagement Sessions *On Site Locations & Make-up Applications (Done at School for Shoots)*
• Working with some of the Top Videographers & Photographers in Westchester & NYC.
• Working doing Photo Shoots for Westchester Magazine
• Pageantry Make-up
• Pageantry Make-up Lessons
• Make-up Lessons for Men that are Considering Gender Changes
• Make-up for TV
• Make-up Lessons suited for your client’s needs